It is our aim to remain accommodating and flexible. However, there are a few points that we would like to bring to your attention to avoid misunderstanding and which will help us to maintain the level of service to which we aspire.
The following is a summary of our main Terms and Conditions and will apply to all bookings.
- Cancelled bookings will incur a cancellation charge proportionate to the notice given, at our discretion. This will be a percentage, up to the full cost of the booking.
- Other than for account customers, credit card details must be provided at the time of a booking which includes an airport collection. The card will be charged in the event that the traveller fails to arrive in accordance with the booking, (for example, where the flight was missed or incorrect flight details provided).
- Reasonable airport waiting time, usually one hour, is included in our quoted prices. We will use our best endeavours to monitor estimated arrival times in order to minimise or eliminate additional waiting. Where extra waiting time is incurred, this is charged at £20 per hour, in 15-minute units.
- The traveller must advise of any special requirements at the time of making the booking, or any change in travel plans as soon as practicable. Additional costs, (including waiting time), resulting from a failure to provide such information, must be paid, at the time, by the traveller. For account customers, the additional charges will be added to the invoice.
- Luggage must be of a size and weight that may be safely handled by the driver, and of a quantity that may be accommodated in the vehicle together with all of the passengers. Additional luggage capacity can be provided, at additional cost, if requested in advance.
- We will recommend a suitable departure time, taking into account expected traffic conditions, to ensure that passengers will arrive at the appropriate time. However, no responsibility is accepted for delays, howsoever caused. Nonetheless, the driver will use his or her best endeavours to avoid congestion and to arrive at the destination on schedule. Drivers must not be asked to exceed speed limits in order to make up time lost through unforeseen circumstances.
- Payment (non-account customers). Payment will be accepted in cash or by credit/debit card. The use of credit or debit cards may be subject to additional charges. Payment is due at the end of each journey, except as outlined in para 2.
- Payment (account customers). Unless otherwise agreed, invoices are prepared monthly, detailing all of the journeys undertaken since the last invoice. Invoices are payable by cheque or bank transfer within 30 days after the invoice date.
- Alpha Drive Services reserve the right to refuse travel to any person who may present any risk to the driver or his vehicle. This includes, but is not limited to, persons apparently under the influence of alcohol or drugs, persons exhibiting aggressive or abusive behaviour. In the event of such a refusal, the passenger remains liable for the full cost of the booking.
- Vehicles are licenced to carry a specified maximum number of passengers and this will not be exceeded under any circumstances.